Sometimes the first signs you see when you have a corrupt registry is error messages start to appear out of nowhere, slow loading of your programs and system crashes. Luckily these are all problems that can be repaired very easily by the average computer user just by using a good Registry cleaning software and your own antivirus software. The first step listed below is a key point that a lot of people miss out on, so that’s why it’s the first thing to do.
- Ensure to turn off the system restore on your computer before doing anything else.
- Make sure your antivirus software is up to date with the latest patches and virus definitions from website.
- Remove any unwanted programs you have installed on your computer as they are still taken up hard drive space. Use Add Remove Programs in control panel for this.
- Using your antivirus software run a full in depth system scan which may take a little while to complete.
- When the scan is complete you may be asked to restart the computer, when restarted run the registry cleaner and see how many problems the software has found on your computer.
- Turn on your system restore again after the repairs are complete.
Your Windows registry is like a digital centre for all your settings and program files which is constantly being changed each time you start up your Windows operating system. This is one of the first places you address to get a good performance boost from your computer but you need to clean it properly with good cleaner and not by hand.
Over the past 2 years or so I have personally installed and run lots of registry cleaners on many computers and compared them to other cleaners that I have come across on client’s computers. Some of the cleaners will complete some tasks and others will do various other things which may not even be necessary. Over time I have learnt a lot from testing theses cleaners and eventually I have now just stick to the best one which has given me the best results. I recommend a program that provides a great and simple solution for cleaning up windows components and speeding up the whole computer system. Be aware that some of the free cleaners are very restricted in what they can offer. When setup on a clients computer, the automatic scanning feature is something that is very important as it allows the scan to take place at regular intervals when the user is not at the computer.